Transmission Repair vs. Replacement
If your transmission is in trouble, the first option is usually a repair. This is often the cheapest option when it comes to your transmission repair cost. For a transmission repair, the cost is associated with which part needs to be fixed. For some, a leak that needs repairing may cost between $150 to $200. For something more serious, like a solenoid repair, you may be looking at costs between $300 and $850.
A rebuild is recommended when several parts of your transmission need to be fixed. This option is more costly than a simple repair but much cheaper than a full replacement. The average cost of a transmission rebuild is between $2,800 and $3,800.
If your transmission is completely destroyed, however, you will need to consider having it replaced. This is very costly. Depending on your vehicle, you may be looking at spending between $4,000 and $8,000 on a transmission replacement.
Signs Your Transmission is Going Out
Transmissions typically do not just die overnight. Your vehicle will have signs your transmission is going out.
- Transmission Slipping: If you are driving and suddenly feel as if your car switched gears for no reason, transmission slipping may be to blame. This can appear as if your vehicle is struggling to drive or feel under powered, and is not accelerating like it is supposed to. A change in engine pitch or a whining sound may also indicate an issue.
- Rough Shifts: If your car feels like it is refusing or struggling to shift gears, your transmission may be the problem.
- Delayed Engagements: If you shift between park and drive, there should be no delay in moving forward. However, transmission issues can cause a long pause to occur during this shift.
- Fluid Leak: Transmission should never leak. Transmission is fluid is a bright or dark red or brown. If you see this under your car, it is time to have your transmission checked.
- Warning Lights: Your vehicle is likely equipped with a transmission warning light. While this light does not always indicate a serious issue, take your vehicle to a mechanic to have it checked out.
Import Auto Transmission Repair with Us
Autos of Europe is your premier transmission repair location for all imports in Manchester, MO. Our service technicians specialize in European imports. Through the most advanced diagnostic technology to years of experience, we strive to provide affordable and quality transmission repairs.
If you need to repair an import auto transmission, contact us today!
Copyright © . Autos Of Europe Rights Reserved.